Metabolic syndrome is a cluster of metabolic risk factors that come together in a single individual. These metabolic factors include Diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol abnormalities, and an increased risk for clotting. Metabolic syndrome is present in 60% of obese persons. A global increase in obesity is attributable to a number of factors including energy-dense foods and a sedentary lifestyle.
With type 2 diabetes, your body either resists the effects of insulin or doesn't produce enough insulin to maintain a normal glucose level. This is mostly a lifestyle disorder; you can manage the condition by eating well, exercising and maintaining a healthy weight. If diet and exercise don't control your blood sugar, you may need medications. Ayurveda, Homeopathy offers effective diabetic medications. In mild to moderate cases, they can be alternative and in severe cases, they provide complimentary support.
Cholesterol is a waxy substance that is found in your blood. Bad or LDL cholesterol builds up in the walls of your arteries and makes them hard and narrow. Decreased blood flow to the heart muscles results in a heart attack, and reduced flow to your brain causes a stroke. High cholesterol can be inherited, but its often the result of unhealthy lifestyle choices.
Dr. Jasna's approach to treating metabolic syndrome and obesity is not just about external therapies; it’s rather a holistic & personalized approach. Our approach for losing weight is through the below steps:
1. Doctor consultation to identify the cause; the targets and time plan.
2. Lifestyle modification - Dietetics & Exercise.
3. Treat the causes of weight gain (eg. Thyroid problems, PCOD).
4. Therapies for inch lose & cellulite reduction (udvarthanam, dhanyamla dhara).
5. Internal medications to fasten metabolism & deplete fat.
6. Rasayana therapies for long term effect (eg: Silajith, Bhallathaka).
7. Therapies to prevent complications associated with overweight & obesity (like diabetes mellitus, coronary heart disease, sleep/breathing disorders, hypertension, high cholesterol, PCOD, hypothyroidism, menstrual disorders, infertility, stroke, osteoarthritis, fatty liver, gall bladder problems, deep vein thrombosis, asthma, erectile dysfunction, sleep apnea, depression).