In Ayurveda, honey is used for external and internal purposes. In ancient Ayurveda, honey is referred to as medicine, not food. It is mainly used for respiratory alignments, eye diseases, healing wounds, diabetes, Jaundice, Lipoma, worm infestation, Insomnia, Arteriosclerosis, etc. Modern researchers re-examined honey and recognized that it can be used for medical and nutritional purposes. Honey can also be used as a sweetener and natural preservatives. The fresh honey helps to increase the body weight and the old honey helps to lose body weight. Cold honey can be preferred to be in use while heated or hot honey causes toxic effects.
Different types of honey in Ayurveda
Useful for anaemia, eye diseases, and cough
Used to cure when blood vomits
Useful for the treatment of diabetes, worm infestation and when the blood is vomited.
Useful for the treatment of cough, vomiting, diabetes, and helps to increase digestion.
- Kshoudram Used for diabetes
Used for the treatment of cough, tuberculosis, asthma, hepatitis, piles, and eye diseases
Useful for urinary infection and diabetes
Useful for the treatment of poisoning cases, leprosy and it will also help to increases the taste and swarasudhi
Uses of Honey in Ayurveda
- Honey can be used for the treatment of respiratory systems with turmeric.
- For sinus problems, honey in hot water and inhale the steam for relief.
- In Ayurveda, honey acts as an antiseptic, cooling balm, recovery from burns, healing wounds.
- Take a cup of warm water with one or two drops of honey daily for strengthening and refreshing.
- Arteriosclerosis can be cured by having lemon juice mixed with one drop of honey.
- For fatty peoples, a teaspoon of honey helps to reduce the weight.
- Direct application of honey to the affected area is the remedy for arthritis and gout.
- To maintain the hemoglobin in your body, practice the use of honey.
- Honey promotes proper digestion, reduces stomach diseases, vomiting, and nausea.
- To maintain healthy teeth and gums gargling with honey is a very effective remedy.
- Direct application of honey can reduce lipoma or fatty lumps on the skin.
Caution Using Honey
- Honey should not be mix with hot food.
- Above 40 degrees Celsius honey should not be heated.
- Honey should not store in the place where you are working at a high temperature.
- Avoid the mixing of honey with ghee, fermented beverages, or mustard.
- The nectar of the various flowers includes honey can be poisonous.
Ayurveda describes raw honey as the best medicine. This article tells about the best ayurvedic medicine as raw honey. Visit our website or contact our team to know about us.