Nasyam is meant for the purification of the head region. The excess of bodily humors accumulated in the sinus, throat, nose, or head is eliminated. The patient is asked to lie down on his/her back on a wooden cot placed in a room devoid of breeze. The Head should be placed slightly down and legs higher. The body, especially the head, neck, and chest, should be rub-down with oil, and fomentation is given. Nasyam is of three types:
- Virechana Nasyam: In this type of Nasyam strong medicines are used to expel out the doshas instantaneously from the head region.
- Brimhana Nasyam: This treatment nourishes and strengthens the head region, senses, and intellectual functions. It builds up the weaker parts and is indicated in Vata diseases of the head like migraine, loss of voice, diseases of the mouth, difficulty in opening eyes, and difficulty in lifting hands. Ghee medicated with herbs is used as medicine.
- Samana Nasyam: This type subsidizes the increase of a dosha without expelling it out. It is moderate, neither too strong nor too mild. This is good mainly in conditions like skin discoloration, hair loss, and eye diseases. Medicated water and milk can be used for this purpose. The number of medicines can be either 4 or 6 drops of medicated oil depending upon the dosha involvement.
Benefits of Nasyam Treatment
- It ensures healthy and proper growth of hair
- It enhances the activity of sense organs and protects the person from diseases pertaining to the head.
- It keeps the eyes, nose, and ear healthy.
- It prevents the early graying of hair.
- It prevents the early aging process.
- Cervical spondylosis
Visit our website Dr. Jasnas Ayurveda Clinic Dubai